STEVE W. SHARP
6752 Poley Creek Drive W, Lakeland, Florida 33811
Home: 863 646-8700 Cell: 561 239-2168
Dedicated Operations/Inventory professional with multiple years of experience in various distribution and manufacturing environments. Proven track record of initiating programs and procedures that bolster the productivity of team members while increasing the accuracy of inventories. People, team, and results oriented which effectively contributes to increased efficiencies, productivity and morale.
Offer experience in management of multiple warehouses, distribution centers and 3rd party inventories. Excel as a change agent to improve overall production, inventory and materials management processes, which in turn improve accuracy of inventories and order fill rates. Adept at the coordination and integration of new products and inventories from mergers and acquisitions into existing warehouses and distribution centers.
Hold a Bachelor of Science degree in Professional Management. Throughout my career I have been consistently promoted to positions of increased responsibilities.
Cardinal Health, Inc. – Lakeland, FL – January 2004 to May 2014
A leader in the Pharmaceutical Distribution Industry
Manager, Inventory Management/Inventory Control/Compliance
- Responsible for the day to day management of all Inventory/Compliance activities in support of a 212 K square foot distribution facility and approximately $250 million (+) of Inventory.
- Developed a Team approach to Bi-Yearly Physical Inventories that resulted in a better-organized and more efficient process reducing overtime and wasted steps. Additionally this process reduced the overall man-hours required to complete this task, which in turn reduced the overall cost of executing these inventories.
- Actively involved in Cardinal Health's LSS (Lean Six Sigma) process as a Project Sponsor. As a Sponsor I am tasked with creating charters for projects, assembling teams to participate as a part of those projects, removing barriers that may impede a team’s progress, support and encouragement of all LSS teams, and constant and consistent follow up of the control phase of completed projects that have been sponsored.
- Set a process in place to develop proper training of existing and new associates for all functional areas within the DC. This process involved 3 steps, which included: Creating job Descriptions for every job within the facility. From those job descriptions creating SOP’s for each task within those functional areas. And finally from those SOP’s creating function specific training documents.
- Successfully created a working environment within the Distribution Center based on stability, consistency, trust, and accountability that has led to higher morale and efficiency.
- Coordinate all internal and external audits related to compliance processes. External audits include but are not limited to the DEA, FDA and primary vendors.
Rexall Sundown, Inc. – Boca Raton, FL – 1998 to 2003
A Leading manufacturer and distributor of vitamins, herbs and Active Nutrition products
Senior Manager, Inventory Control and Analysis
Promoted based on ability to deliver results based on corporate needs and initiatives. Tasked with centralizing and standardizing all material movement, cycle counting, and inventory control activities for North American warehouses and distribution centers. Development of an operations scorecard, which assisted in the standardization of all operations/inventory-reporting methods.
- Helped in the development of an executive level reporting mechanism for all operations/inventory related data. This reports included inventory turns, customer fill rates and North American inventory levels.
- Spearheaded the inventory reduction initiative that resulted in a 45% reduction in non-nettable inventories across all North American facilities.
- Standardized all operations SOP’s related to inventory movements both internal and between all warehouses and distribution centers.
- Coordinated all activities relevant to the disposition (rework, resell, return, destroy or donation) of aging inventories.
- Managed all processes and procedures for all North American inventory, cycle counting and reporting activities.
- Responsible for the integrity and accuracy of $85-$100 million of raw material, bulk, component and finished goods inventory in 5 facilities. Achieved and maintained a corporate wide 98% (+) inventory accuracy rate.
Group Manager, Inventory Planning
- Successfully developed and coordinated all procedures for the seamless integration of complete inventories from acquisitions and mergers into existing distribution centers and warehouses.
- Maintained and increased customers fill rates during transition for both integrations.
- Promoted to Senior Manager, Inventory Control and Analysis to centralize and standardize processes across all North American warehouses and DC’s.
Inventory Control Manager, Distribution
- Standardized the entire cycle counting process to meet external auditors (Price Waterhouse) requirements.
- Developed and implemented Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s) for all inventory control, receiving, stocking and internal movement of material.
- Successfully increased inventory accuracies to an overall level of 98.8% (+) thus eliminating the requirement of annual physical inventories.
- Initiated the implementation of RF technology in the stocking, picking, shipping and cycle counting of all finished goods inventories.
- Developed a root cause analysis metrics directed at inventory issues found during daily cycle counts or picking activities.
- Promoted to Group Manager, Inventory Planning to manage the integration inventories from purchased companies into existing warehouses and DC’s.
Lambda Novatronics, Inc Manufacturer of contract military power supplies
Production/Inventory Control Manager
Sensormatic Electronics, Inc. A leading manufacturer and distributor of security devices
Associate Manager World leader in the manufacture and sale of personal paging devices
Baxter Diagnostics, Inc.
Warehouse/Receiving Manager Manufacturer of pharmaceuticals and immunochemistry
General Electric Government Services
Supervisor Shipping/Receiving Government contractor on Andros Island, Bahamas
Nova Southeastern University Bachelor of Science Degree in Professional Management
Mott Community College Associates Degree in General Management
Lean Six Sigma – Sponsor
Cardinal Health, Inc. Certified
Continuous Flow Manufacturing
Texas Instruments, Inc. Certified
American Production & Inventory Control Society Coursework
Certified Logistics Professional
Logistics Institute at Georgia Tech Coursework
Founder’s Award Nominee
Cardinal Health, Inc. 2014